We have set the criteria below as a guide for interested applicants:
- All applications are accepted through ERAS.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within two years of the date your application is received at Smoky Hill.
- Applicants must have passed the USMLE Step 1 and 2 exam, or the COMLEX.
- Applicants must have U.S. citizenship, a permanent Visa or a J-1 Visa.
- Non-US citizens trained in a foreign medical school must be certified by ECFMG.
- All applicants must be able to be licensed in the state of Kansas. To verify your ability to obtain a Kansas medical license, please contact the Kansas Board of Healing Arts at 785-296-7413.
Here are the logistics of interviewing:
- Interview season is November through January.
- We interview twice a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays, with 2-3 applicants on each interview day. There will be a dinner with residents the night before.
- Callback is not required, but is a chance to get to know the residents and faculty on a more informal level. This date changes each year to accommodate the callback schedules of Wesley and Via Christi, but typically is in the last few/ early few weeks of January and February.
- Typically we receive 1,200 applications, we interview about 35 applicants for 5 positions. While some ties to Kansas are helpful, they are not a requirement as we are looking for doctors who align with our mission.
All applications will be carefully considered. If your application is approved for an interview, you will be contacted by Smoky Hill.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program
651 E. Prescott Road
Salina, KS 67401
email@example.com • 785-825-7251